New classes for 2014/2015
Contemporary, Conditioning & Junior Tumbling!
WADPA are getting their own fully equipt double dance
studio premises on
Commerce st opening for classes on Monday 4th August!
Please check the timetable for any changes
Whangarei Academy of Dance & Performing Arts (WADPA) is known for nurturing developing dancers in a safe and progressive way. We teach age and developmentally appropriate Ballet Tap & Modern/jazz technique classes from a syllabus that allows younger students more time for movement exploration while providing advanced students with the tools to become professional dancers, if they so choose. As a result, all of our students develop self-esteem, self-discipline, and a strong fitness level that will provide a powerful edge in any future endeavor.
Dance Courses Available
We teach from the BTDA syllabus in the following Genres:
BALLET TAP MODERN/JAZZ LYRICAL ACROBATIC
CONTEMPORARY NATIONAL PERFORMING ARTS
We also teach from the NZAMD Syllabus in the following genres:
TAP JAZZ BALLET
All students are encouraged to sit for exams once they are ready and all students perform in the end of the year Show.
- Co-Ordination, Fitness, Sense of Rhythm, Musicality and Self Expression
- The Classes range from Pre-school to Young Adult
- From 5 years the children are encouraged to do Examinations but it is not absolutely necessary.
- Working towards the Major Programme of Study that develops technique and artistry to the very highest level
- All Classes are designed to enable every young person the opportunity to achieve a goal
- Competition Work is available if interested in Solo Performances, students must be suitable for these. Private Lessons are Required
- Every child will enjoy being part of our end of the year Theatrical production performed annually in the Capitaine Bourgainville Theatre, Forum North.