New classes for 2014
Singing & Contemporary!
NOTE: Classes finish on Thursday 17th April for Easter
School holidays and start back week beginning Monday
5th May for Term 2
Please check the timetable for term 2, any changes are
highlighted in pink
Whangarei Academy of Dance & Performing Arts (WADPA) is known for nurturing developing dancers in a safe and progressive way. We teach age and developmentally appropriate Ballet Tap & Modern/jazz technique classes from a syllabus that allows younger students more time for movement exploration while providing advanced students with the tools to become professional dancers, if they so choose. As a result, all of our students develop self-esteem, self-discipline, and a strong fitness level that will provide a powerful edge in any future endeavor.
Dance Courses Available
We teach from the BTDA syllabus in the following Genres:
BALLET TAP MODERN LYRICAL ACROBATIC
CONTEMPORARY NATIONAL PERFORMING ARTS
We also teach from the NZAMD Syllabus in the following genres:
TAP JAZZ BALLET
All students are encouraged to sit for exams once they are ready and all students perform in the end of the year Show.
- Co-Ordination, Fitness, Sense of Rhythm, Musicality and Self Expression
- The Classes range from Pre-school to Young Adult
- From 5 years the children are encouraged to do Examinations but it is not absolutely necessary.
- Working towards the Major Programme of Study that develops technique and artistry to the very highest level
- All Classes are designed to enable every young person the opportunity to achieve a goal
- Competition Work is available if interested in Solo Performances, students must be suitable for these. Private Lessons are Required
- Every child will enjoy being part of our end of the year Theatrical production performed annually in the Capitaine Bourgainville Theatre, Forum North.